- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics
- Proven experience as Safety Manager
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- BSc/BA in safety management or relevant field is preferred
- Valid qualification in occupational health and safety
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Construction Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- OSHA: 2 years (Preferred)
- Certified Safety Professional (Preferred)
- OSHA 30 (Preferred)
- One Location
We will work closely with our engineers or yours to help bring your project to life.
McWhirter Steel detailers use state of the art software technology to provide accurate drawings and 3D modeling for our clients.
We are very diverse and can handle fabrication projects from the smallest level to mid rise buildings.
McWhirter Steel was a large union erector for many years and has had over 70 union ironworkers working throughout California.
We often credit our project success to our highly systematic and well-equipped shop.
McWhirter Steel's team of experienced painters and NACE certified inspectors.
Our shop is home to a fully automated beam line that can layout, cut, drill, and cope any steel member.