|Title: Estimator||Employment Status: Full time|
|Rank: N/A||Salary: Negotiable|
|Reports to: CEO||Supervises: N/A|
|Location: Lancaster, California||Status: Exempt|
Estimators are responsible for estimating and negotiating jobs. Estimators must work with Project Manager’s to ensure projects are passed off with all of the necessary information.
- Estimate Projects
- Create RFI’s when applicable
- Coordinate with sub-contractors and suppliers
- Be very knowledgeable of McWhirter Steel’s cost of production
- Must have extensive experience in structural steel erection and fabrication
- Must have complete expertise over reading project design drawings
- Should have a degree in construction management
- Must have expertise with reading specification manuals and contracts
- Must be a skilled negotiator
We will work closely with our engineers or yours to help bring your project to life.
McWhirter Steel detailers use state of the art software technology to provide accurate drawings and 3D modeling for our clients.
We are very diverse and can handle fabrication projects from the smallest level to mid rise buildings.
McWhirter Steel was a large union erector for many years and has had over 70 union ironworkers working throughout California.
We often credit our project success to our highly systematic and well-equipped shop.
McWhirter Steel's team of experienced painters and NACE certified inspectors.
Our shop is home to a fully automated beam line that can layout, cut, drill, and cope any steel member.