CNC Machine Operator
|Title: CNC Machine Operator||Employment Status: Full time|
|Rank: N/A||Salary: Negotiable|
|Reports to: Production Manager, Shop Foreman||Supervises: N/A|
|Location: Lancaster, California||Status: Non-Exempt|
McWhirter Steel currently has 1 Hyd-Mech Band saw, 1 CNC Ficep drill-line, and an OCEAN Coping Machine. The company has purchased and will be switching to a full Peddinghaus Beam Line including a Peddiwriter, Drill-Saw combo and a CNC coping machine. Operator’s should be able to operate, troubleshoot and maintain these machines. This position has a lot of opportunity for growth as the company will be looking for a new beam line lead within the coming years.
- Operating CNC Machine’s
- Performing maintenance on all Machines
- Following operating and maintenance procedures
- Learning how to program in some instances
- Helping to troubleshoot machines and minimize downtime
To be hired as a CNC Machine Operator, prospects:
- Should have prior experience with CNC Equipment Operating
- Should have knowledge of how to perform maintenance on CNC Machines
- Should have a general understanding of the mechanics of CNC equipment
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must be a fast-learner
- Must have basic to intermediate computer skills
- Should be knowledgeable of steel’s different shapes, sizes and grades
We will work closely with our engineers or yours to help bring your project to life.
McWhirter Steel detailers use state of the art software technology to provide accurate drawings and 3D modeling for our clients.
We are very diverse and can handle fabrication projects from the smallest level to mid rise buildings.
McWhirter Steel was a large union erector for many years and has had over 70 union ironworkers working throughout California.
We often credit our project success to our highly systematic and well-equipped shop.
McWhirter Steel's team of experienced painters and NACE certified inspectors.
Our shop is home to a fully automated beam line that can layout, cut, drill, and cope any steel member.