|Title: Welder||Employment Status: Full time|
|Rank: N/A||Salary: Negotiable|
|Reports to: Production Manager, Shop Foreman||Supervises: N/A|
|Location: Lancaster, California||Status: Non-Exempt|
Welder’s at McWhirter Steel are responsible for welding all McWhirter Steel fabrications. They are also responsible for building miscellaneous fabrications from raw material till complete.
- Fabricating miscellaneous steel fabrications like trash gates, roof access platforms, handrail etc.
- Welding of Structural fabrications
- Operating an Overhead Crane
- Fluxed Core Arc Welding
- Reading fabrication drawings
To become a welder at McWhirter Steel, prospects:
- Must go through at least 3 months of McWhirter Steel’s Welder’s apprenticeship and or have at least 4 years of structural steel welding experience
- Must have in-depth knowledge of reading weld symbols
- Must have in-depth knowledge of reading and interpreting fabrication drawings
- Must have experience fabricating miscellaneous steel such as handrail, roof access platforms etc.
- Must be AWS certified
We will work closely with our engineers or yours to help bring your project to life.
McWhirter Steel detailers use state of the art software technology to provide accurate drawings and 3D modeling for our clients.
We are very diverse and can handle fabrication projects from the smallest level to mid rise buildings.
McWhirter Steel was a large union erector for many years and has had over 70 union ironworkers working throughout California.
We often credit our project success to our highly systematic and well-equipped shop.
McWhirter Steel's team of experienced painters and NACE certified inspectors.
Our shop is home to a fully automated beam line that can layout, cut, drill, and cope any steel member.