Rank: Fabrication Department Lead
Reports to: Production Manager, QA Manager
Supervises: Forklift Operators
The Outgoing Material Lead is responsible for the transport of material from the shop to a staging or paint area, loading trucks and filling out the proper paperwork for outgoing shipments and maintaining an organized and effective yard space.
- Operate traditional fork lifts, Boom Lifts and Combi-Lifts
- Train all new forklift operators on safe and effective operation of forklifts
- Load flatbeds with fabricated steel and develop shipper’s in Fabsuite
- Stage finished material to facilitate a speedy loading of trucks for shipment
- Read drawings to determine where to take material upon completion of shop fabrication
- Transport material to different areas of the yard for sand blasting, painting and or final staging
- Maintain highly organized yard space at McWhirter Steel
- Lead a team of 3-5 helper/forklift operators
- Ensure Maintenance is performed on all forklifts
To be hired as an Outgoing Material Lead, prospects:
- Shall be certified forklift operators
- Shall have at least 5 years of experience loading trucks of structural steel
- Shall have leadership and or supervising experience
- Shall be proficient in reading fabrication blueprints
- Shall have a general understanding of forklift engine’s and maintenance
We will work closely with our engineers or yours to help bring your project to life.
McWhirter Steel detailers use state of the art software technology to provide accurate drawings and 3D modeling for our clients.
We are very diverse and can handle fabrication projects from the smallest level to mid rise buildings.
McWhirter Steel was a large union erector for many years and has had over 70 union ironworkers working throughout California.
We often credit our project success to our highly systematic and well-equipped shop.
McWhirter Steel's team of experienced painters and NACE certified inspectors.
Our shop is home to a fully automated beam line that can layout, cut, drill, and cope any steel member.