|Title: Project Manager||Employment Status: Full time|
|Rank: Manager||Salary: Negotiable|
|Reports to: CEO||Supervises: Assistant|
|Location: Lancaster, California||Status: Exempt|
Project Managers are responsible for actively managing McWhirter Steel’s scope of work in projects ranging from $500k-$6 million in size. Project Managers at McWhirter Steel are expected to be master communicators and organizers who ensure projects run smoothly. McWhirter Steel project managers are expected to play a major role in ensuring that projects are extremely profitable for both McWhirter Steel and their valued clients. Repeat business is an expectation of Project Managers.
- Pre-fabrication MGT
- RFI MGT
- Sub-Contractor MGT
- Project Scope MGT
- Project Billing MGT
- Project Cost Control
- Project Schedule MGT
- Solving Project related problems
- Customer Service
- Adding immense value to projects and clients
To be qualified as a McWhirter Steel project manager prospects
- Shall have at least 5 years of structural steel project management experience
- Shall have a proven track record of managing projects with complete reliability
- Shall have a strong working knowledge of steel construction design and engineering
- Shall have a strong working knowledge of AISC Steel Construction Manuals
- Shall have a strong working knowledge of construction contract law and standard practice
- Shall have at least 4 years of sales and or customer service experience
- Should be skilled in the use of construction and fabrication software’s (Fabsuite, Fabtrol, Tekla, etc.)
- Should have a high School diploma or GED equivalent
- Should have a degree in business, project management, construction management or something related
We will work closely with our engineers or yours to help bring your project to life.
McWhirter Steel detailers use state of the art software technology to provide accurate drawings and 3D modeling for our clients.
We are very diverse and can handle fabrication projects from the smallest level to mid rise buildings.
McWhirter Steel was a large union erector for many years and has had over 70 union ironworkers working throughout California.
We often credit our project success to our highly systematic and well-equipped shop.
McWhirter Steel's team of experienced painters and NACE certified inspectors.
Our shop is home to a fully automated beam line that can layout, cut, drill, and cope any steel member.